Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Senior European Product Manager this position will be responsible for all aspects of b2b regional product management such as, the new product introduction process e.g. ERP setup, sales presentations, press relations, pricing, forecasting, demand generation, and achieving regional and category revenue targets. Critical to the success of this role is the strong partnership with the Global Product Management / Development teams to ensure that EMEA market requirements are integrated within the Global roadmap.
This position will work closely with the European B2B Sales & Channel Marketing teams to establish go to market strategies that ensure profitable category success in line with the company’s budgeted sales plan. When necessary this role will represent the company with channel partners and end users.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Develop & execute annual strategies & plans for B2B channels via cross functional teams to deliver regional and category specific financial & growth targets.
- Drive & deliver the right Go to Market strategy and marketing mix (pricing, promotion, channel placement, messaging) to ensure Kensington's business meets its sales and financial objectives.
- Identify business threats and opportunities (SWOT) based on market and competitive analysis. Work with global product & channel marketing managers to develop and implement plans to minimize threats and capitalize on opportunities.
- Attend trade shows and channel events to provide product expertise and participate in press events & press tours to evangelize new products & category strategy.
- Launch products into the EU market place.
- Establish strategic direction, initial pricing & launch plans for new products.
- Working with the central marketing (channel & communications) team, support development and approve messaging and copy for packaging, PR, Web and collateral.
- Working with the channel marketing team, build launch plans and tools to successfully introduce new products into all channels.
- Establish initial inventory forecasts, and support the forecasting process with the Supply Chain team.
- Ensure products are properly setup within our ERP systems.
- Support sales efforts with presentations, product training, samples and field support as required.
- Evangelize the product lines: support ongoing PR, marketing and sales efforts
- Establish appropriate street pricing, adjusting for changing market conditions.
- Manage deal/tender pricing and support
- Work with the sales team and supply team in developing ongoing monthly sales forecasts
- Manage OSMI (Obsolete Slow Moving Inventory) – develop & drive promotional plans to sell out through sales
- Develop channel partner & end user customer relationships to create a closer go-to-market strategy to drive customer intimacy
- Establish and communicate end of life strategies including transition plans from old to new.
- Become the category expert (including competitive landscape) for all managed categories
- Communicate EU market, channel and product needs to the Global product team - including requests for new products, product changes/enhancements, cost reductions etc