Purpose of Job:
To support the Derwent Marketing Team with the delivery of the brand’s marketing plans, as well as actively contributing to them, liaising with internal and external stakeholders across the Group
Principle Accountabilities & Key Tasks:
· Provide general support and assistance to all areas within the marketing team: Product Management, Brand and Communications and Digital
· Develop and assist with organisation of trade shows and conferences including internal events with the development and supply of samples and event materials
· Work with PR agency to supply press samples, develop press releases and develop ou relationships with artists
· Asist with the organisation and execution of research groups to gain consumer insight into new product development
· Development and maintenance of colour charts for all collections current and new
· Assist with photography shoots arranging samples, models etc
· Maintain merchandising standards and stock levels in creative area within department
· Item set ups, BOMs and PIM updates
· GDW data analysis
· Co ordinate design and production of ad hoc marketing collateral as required
· Assist in compiling bills of materials for new product launches
· Distribution of samples of new products to support new launches
· Store audits, competitor analysis and ad hoc research
· Provide assistance to Acco and distributor partners as required
· Team meeting and travel organisation
Knowledge & Experience:
· Passion for marketing
· Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Great attention to detail
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Adaptable and flexible
· Detailed and results orientated
· An individual with a high degree of self-motivation with the ability to multi-task.
· Eager to learn, pro active
· Must be a team player
The Cumberland Pencil Company, better known for its brand name Derwent, is an important division of Acco Brands Europe and is a leading manufacturer of fine art pencils, and distributes these and other fine art materials across the UK, and over 85 countries worldwide.
Long associated with the world class Lake District National Park; its heritage founded on the fine graphite mines in the beautiful Borrowdale valley, the business is now located in a new factory just outside the National Park in Workington, Cumbria, and also in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
The business is renowned for product innovation & design, and is growing rapidly.