Purpose of Job:
1. Purpose of Job:
· NPD development of Derwent portfolio and bought out finished goods, working directly with internal and Far East manufacturing,
· Support brand marketing communications including both consumer and trade events
· Development of Digital channel including web, social, email communications, etail and Amazon A+ content optomisation
2. Principle Accountabilities & Key Tasks:
· Project manage including portfolio productivity optimisation and tracking
· Support Full P&L ownership and responsibility and build information for Gate process sign offs, including financial analysis of product costs and margins for new and existing products detailing the gross margin return on investment of the products profitability. Develop Street pricing, across multiple channels. Monitor sales trends by market channel and customer. Model forecasts and sales for NPD
· Help manage the NPD introduction of Derwent products for both internal and manufactured or brought out finished development, including portfolio management of product roadmaps, new product launches, changes and amendments, value engineering and discontinuations, including helping with the GTM launch plans when the product is brought to market
· Create technical specification and creative briefs for creation for marketing communications
· Consumer and trade event
· Identify market gaps and competitor benchmarking
· Help support digital platform
· Maintain and update product data, keeping product information up-to-date, including websites, data sheets and merchandising plans
· Develop new product collateral including photography, manuals and packaging
· Monitor and track any quality issues and manage consumer feedback in relation to product reviews and feed this information back into the business.
· Coordinate competitor & market research, performance, evaluation and gap analysis, and report insights
· Own packaging developments for new and existing product
· Lead local Ad hoc projects where required
3. Knowledge & Experience:
· Minimum of 2 years Previous experience in a general marketing role ideally within Product, Digital or Marcoms
· Previous experience within the retail sector is desirable
· Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Good organisation and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
· Good communication skills both verbal and written, with strong presentation skills
· Adaptable and flexible
· Detailed and results orientated
· An individual with a high degree of self-motivation with the ability to multi-task. Must be a team player.
· Strong commercial knowledge and aptitude
· Good general level of education – degree qualified. Ideally qualified in marketing
The Cumberland Pencil Company, better known for its brand name Derwent, is an important division of Acco Brands Europe and is a leading manufacturer of fine art pencils, and distributes these and other fine art materials across the UK, and over 85 countries worldwide.
Long associated with the world class Lake District National Park; its heritage founded on the fine graphite mines in the beautiful Borrowdale valley, the business is now located in a new factory just outside the National Park in Workington, Cumbria, and also in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
The business is renowned for product innovation & design, and is growing rapidly.